«Prevention is better than cure“- It fits perfectly with the current prevailing situation that we all experience.
Coronavirus or COVID-19 worsens conditions every day around the world. In addition, as there is no cure for this deadly virus, taking precautionary measures is the wise thing to do to avoid this corona.
The spread of coranoia must be reduced, as it affects not only human life but also the economy in a negative way. So, to start with living at home and maintaining cleanliness is the best option available. This not only helps prevent COVID-19 but also any other type of flu or cold virus.
Based on a recent study, coronavirus is contagious and often spreads through droplets transmitted by an infected person to a surface or object. If a person comes in contact with the infected person or any such surface or object and then touches their mouth, nose or eyes, the person becomes infected.
According Aubree Gordon, epidemiologist and associate professor at the University of Michigan School of Public Health, «It is also transmitted probably through indirect transmission, where the virus is deposited on a surface, people touch the surface and then their mouth, nose or eyes.“
Now that you understand how to stay safe at home due to the spread of COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a complete guide to avoiding the spread of coronavirus.
How to protect your home and family from corona?
Just as you maintain cleanliness, it is also important to keep your family safe and protect your home from corona. Make sure you store all the essentials that help keep your home clean.
Using good disinfectants can help you kill all kinds of bacteria and germs in your home and protect your family. Maintaining proper hygiene and cleanliness is the only way to stay away from such deadly viruses.
Important precautions to take while staying home to prevent coronavirus:
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Do not touch your face, mouth, nose or eyes too often
- Make sure you use good disinfectants to clean your home
- Always clean the floor and surfaces used very often
- Unscrew the surfaces before using any disinfectant spray or liquid
- You can also use flowers or any kind of scented disinfectant
- Door knobs, baths, utensils and common objects used must be cleaned very often
- Educate your children about the importance of cleanliness
- Give your family members a disinfectant with one hand each
Be sure to use home appliances as usual
- Air purifiers
- Disinfection dishwashers
- Air filters
- Washing machine with good detergent powders and bleach
- Steam cleaner
- Water purifiers
- vacuum cleaner
- Electronic dustpan
Routine disinfection for daily monitoring:
- Clean and disinfect the most used surfaces such as tables, chairs, desks, floors, stairs, etc.
- Use a clean towel daily
- Use neat dish towels in the kitchen
- Empty trash cans and trash cans frequently
- Spray disinfectants on objects to do so without contaminants and bacteria
- Disinfectant washbasin and faucets
- Use a good dishwashing liquid to clean the utensils
- Do not pour in and around the house openly
- Use cleaning wipes
- Daily use of fresh towels and clothes helps prevent germs and bacteria
Routine disinfection for weekly monitoring:
- Wash clothes, towels and other things using good detergents
- Disinfect your kitchen sink and utensils
- Wipe stains from your dishwasher using disinfectant
- Wash your bedding and blankets in warm water
- Clean the floor and cabinets and shelves of your bathroom using disinfectants
- Well mop, surfaces, shelves and other cabinets
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean carpets
- Disinfect bath handles, buttons, faucets, cabinets, mirrors, etc.
- Clean the base of your toothbrush
- Disinfect the desktop, laptop, desk, desk and other appliances used daily.
- Wipe all curtains before spraying disinfectant
How to clean your home for Coronavirus?
Having a house free of dust and viruses will help you stay away from any kind of corona attack. Not only can coronavirus, but it can also keep you safe from any kind of virus that can cause the flu or cold or any health problems.
So, cleaning and dusting from your home is very necessary and important. Although most of the precautionary steps are made public and known to everyone, there are still a few questions that many are looking for. For your convenience, we have listed some questions along with answers.
The questions that give a clear idea about cleaning your home are
How often should home cleaning be done?
Do the cleaning wipes work?
Yes they do. Food quality disinfection wipes help kill 99.9% of germs
What if there are no sprays or wipes?
If there are no disinfectants or wipes, then using soap or liquid soap can work better as an alternative. In addition, soapy water can act as a good disinfectant for cleaning surfaces and killing germs.
What do you mean by high touch surface?
High-touch surfaces are what you and your family members use or touch several times a day. Some examples are
- Light switches
- Tap handles
- Toilet seats
- TV remote controls
Are gloves useful?
Gloves are very useful for cleaning, but if they are not available using disinfectants or disinfectant sprays they can be used alternatively.